Sunday, February 7, 2010

Dr. Richard Bailey on Lectures on Reconstruction in Alabama

Yesterday, I was searching online through the Alabama Department of Archives and History to locate any resources that I would be able to use to further assist me in my genealogical research in Alabama. I came across an absolutely dynamic lecture by Dr. Richard Bailey about Reconstruction in Alabama given during Juneteenth 2009 at the Department of Archives and History. He's the author of two books, "They Too Call Alabama Home, African American Profiles 1800-1999" and "Neither Carpetbaggers Nor Scalawags: Black Officeholders during the Reconstruction of Alabama, 1867-1878". In this lecture he speaks on his research he did while writing his second book. This is definitely a video worth watching!

Reconstruction in Alabama Dr. Richard Bailey

Family Griot

0 comments: