Friday, July 10, 2009

Genealogy Road Trip: The Reunion

I'm officially back from my family reunion/vacation/genealogy research trip! What an enjoyable yet busy trip it was. On Saturday the 4th of July, the Washington-Rounds-Earls family met on Ben's Corner to celebrate with barbecue, truck rides, swimming and meeting up with one another after two years apart. I must say that my cousin, Micki (Garland) threw down on the barbecue again this year. I packed some extra barbecued chicken & ribs and potato salad to eat during the week I was staying there. It was delicious!



The children and some adults went down to take a dip in the creek that runs through Ben's Corner.



Our family also celebrated the wedding of Mary Alice and Kenneth on the 5th of July. Kenneth married into the Washington-Rounds Family. Mary Alice is the granddaughter of
Saint Arby Washington-Thompson.








I also was able to meet a cousin who was raised by Jane Letcher-Ivory, my great-grandfather Will Washington's older sister.

Me, cousin Jane's daughter & my mom






And some other photos from the Washington Rounds Reunion. . .


0 comments: