Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Family Griot is back


Sankofa, the princple of looking at the past taking the best of it to move foward.



Hello Bloggers! It's been a very long hiatus for me and now I'm back and ready to update you all who are interested in my family historical research. There's so much I'm going to share with you all about my personal research, information I've discovered about my family, resources I've used to conduct my research and my personal experiences.

First of all, let me explain what the goal of my research is and what I hope to get out of it. The goal of my resarch is to re-claim my family lineage, spiritually and physically. Right now I am focusing mainly on the physical lineage with a little bit of assistance (I think) from my ancestors. During my research I depend quite a bit on intuition and spiritual guidance to lead me in the right direction in reassembling my family tree. This may not work for everyone and it doesn't always work for me. I do depend often on the support of seasoned ancestor hunters at the African-American genealogy site Afrigeneas for references, sites and general places where I can find recorded information. They are the absolute best!

I'm hoping in the next year that I will be able to have family members of mine, including myself to take a DNA test to determine or confirm where my family lineage in Africa began. In 2007 the Smith Family of Alabama, my father's maternal lineage, discovered that their maternal ancestry came from Ireland! That partially explains why out of a very dark skinned family light brown and yellow complexioned people pop up every now and again! LOL

Feel free to join me on my journey to discovering who I am....

FamilyGriot

0 comments: